Friday, August 20, 2010

What's your side hustle?

Most of us have an 8 to 5 job that pays the bill, and some may even call that their career and are happy with it.  It's what you have always wanted to be and it is what you always will be. 

For me, I have ALWAYS wanted to be a writer, and that did not include an 8 to 5 job.  I wanted to sit in front of my computer all day and all night.  (Well twenty something years ago, I may have been thinking with pen and pad in hand.)  Now I do sit in front of a computer all day, but it's not to write.

So a friend asked me before, "What's your side hustle?"  What is it that you do on the side, that you love, and perhaps make some money doing.  For some people they sell Avon or Mary Kay.  Or for her, she made and sold gift baskets.  A few of my other friends all had side hustles.  I said, "Writing is mine," though it has yet to pay a bill!

My other side hustle is my personal training.  About 2 years ago, I got certified to be a trainer.  I was getting that side business started up when I got side-tracked.  So now, I really don't even train anyone, but I will get that back started soon.  Someone was also saying, well, you need to write a book on fitness!
Don't you know that has crossed my mind!

Here's me all fit and buff.  I would post my before I lost all the weight pic, but I might scare myself.  That feels like a long time ago, because I have gained some of it back and struggle to lose it again.  And yes, even a personal trainer struggles with her weight.  Eating seems to be my problem.  I just want to eat everything.

But one of my side hustles will pay off, I just have to stay focused on my talents.  I KNOW how to write great stories.  I KNOW how to help others to achieve their weight loss goals.  I'm a superstar baby!  You just haven't heard of me yet.

Here's the link to my fitness and weight loss blog if anyone needs tips: kstylelifestylefitness

No comments:

Post a Comment