Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Computers are stupid!

Yikes, computer down at home.  I mean, it's really down and I need to take it in and have someone check it out.  It powers up, but totally locks me out.  First I was at least getting the Internet, now nothing.

Well, that is my desktop.  I have a laptop I do my writing on, so everything is safe.  Which makes me really remember to back up my work on a flash drive or something.  I couldn't even imagine if all my files were to disappear.  I'd cry like a baby!

Anyway, today starts the 30-day challenge I have started for myself.  Write every day for 30 days and finish a complete novel (75,000-80,000 words).  Last night I worked on developing the characters and that always helps me to develop more of the story line.  I really didn't want to give much out about this novel, but I know my loose lips will want to tell everything, LOL!

I'm toying with it not being a romance per se, but just a chick lit type of book, well, from a male's perspective.  Even though there is a female and male lead, the male is a bigger character than the female.  The way I have it in my head, he starts off the novel, being the "millionaire playboy" that he is, and we learn to hate him...but also in awe of him.  Young, intelligent, RICH, handsome (okay, he's FINE!) Black man running loose in the city?  Sure, he has everything at the palm of his hands, but he's out there looking for love in all the wrong places.

In ATIS, he's in there briefly, as an ex of Shae.  He "tried" to get back with her, so basically he is still in the dumps about losing her.  That's basically where the novel starts.  But of course, it will be written in a way that you don't need to read ATIS to follow.  Of course, Shae may make an appearance (WILL make an appearance!)

I'm posting this blog at work, which I don't like to do.  Ugh!  Hopefully I get my computer up and going in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. Writing can be so hard at times. I have to give myself a challenge like that. Nice blog! I will be stopping by more often.

    ReplyDelete