Thursday, October 21, 2010

NaNoWriMo

So I decided to do NaNoWriMo this year.  This is my first time ever.  I have to admit, I hadn’t even heard of it till a few months ago.  Seems interesting…but not really a challenge for me. 

I can write 50,000 words in a day.  I’m not bragging, I’m just saying.  I’ve done it before, so I know it’s possible.  Give me one good weekend of nothing but writing and it’s done. 

Well this time I don’t’ even have an idea.  I mean, I have HUNDREDS of possible ideas, but I have not selected one.  I’m tossing a few around, and maybe I will outline a few and see which one has characters that “talk” to me.  I want to go for something totally different for me.  Or maybe not. 

I wanted to connect the NaNoWriMo novel to the “Millionaire Playboy” novel (still untitled) but didn’t have a character that needed a new story told.  I was thinking of a sequel to one of my unfinished novels, but that’s not cool.  FINISH THE ORIGINAL FIRST!!  Doh!  I have to kick myself in the head sometimes for jumping the gun.

So I will start some fresh and new.  It will come to me in the next 10 days.  There’s a whole St. Louis NaNoWriMo group here in St. Louis that will meet up this Sunday and again on October 31.  Wish I could be there, it seems interesting.  I always like hearing other people ideas and their process.

So until then, still finishing up the screenplay, but it’s hard to do without a computer, and so I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment