Thursday, October 7, 2010

No excuses!

Writers can come up with so many excuses why they don’t write. 

“Too busy with the 8 to 5 job.”

“Have no new ideas to write about.”

“I’m too tired.”

"My brain is not functioning right now."

“Who cares about my writing anyway.”

“My computer is busted.”

I have not said any of these by the way, even though that last one applies right now.  I’m not trying to come up with any excuse to not write.  I am making it my habit to write something everyday, even if it is a page of crap.  Who knows, at least a few lines of that may be salvageable. 

And even when I am not physically writing I am thinking of writing, researching writing, reading books about writing, or something to better myself in the field of writing.  As a personal trainer, I HATE excuses as to why
someone doesn't work out.   Oh, but I am guilty of this.  My current fave, "But I'd rather write today!"  LOL!  Right.

Things that we know we NEED to do, we MUST do everyday.  For me, writing and working out are those things I must do every day, no exceptions, no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment