Thursday, January 6, 2011

Challenge yourself to write!

I know I am not alone in this, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed with all the things I want to do I actually get NOTHING done.  This is one of those times.  I have a whole list of things I wanted to get done for the new year and so far, not working toward getting any of it done.  I am talking about my writing here, my fitness stuff seems to be doing fine.  I am doing two different 100-Day challenges as far as my fitness/health goals but did not really challenge myself with my writing.  Well, it's never too late to come up with one now.

What can my writing 100-Day Challenge be?  Should I aim for a word count each day?  That can be hard on a lot of days, I want it to be something I can actually attain.  As far as writing I guess everything is really measured by word count, or pages, or something similar.  But I know some months I will be editing more than writing so word count won't work.

Hmmm....

Okay, 100-Day Work In Progress Challenge!!

This means, I must work on ANY of my works in progress at least one of them, for 100 days straight.  I can do this!  No word count, no page count, just work on it (not just read it like I tend to do).  This will included researching for agents and publishers and sending out my work.  Okay, I love a challenge.

This will start tomorrow.....let me prepare myself tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment