Monday, January 31, 2011

CHEATERS!

I apologize to all the great men out there being MEN!  SISTER CIRCLE's leading men is not a reflection on any of you...but some of you when you were young and free in college can relate.

I'm just saying!

I had to sit back and realize that most, if not all of my leading men are roof-roof dogs!  Okay, maybe I reformed one, Kenyon, but he started off as a playa.  The self-proclaimed "finest man on campus" has oodles of women drop at his feet.  His reputation as the ladies man is what he is known for, and proud of.  Having a girl friend has not been in his cards for the last three years, until... It just takes meeting the right girl to tame you down.  And he has found his match with Zavrina.

But also there is Donte.  He starts off as the perfect guy, does no harm and adores his girl friend Sherry.  Hmmm, they always say it's the quiet ones...

Let's not forget Jill's quest on finding Mr. Perfect and finding every Mr. Wrong she can, and then when Mr. Right is right in her face...she rejects him.  Oh we women have iss-kues too!

And poor little Lark, so lost, so confused.  She had an older, professional guy who worshipped her, but yet lets the bad-boy basketball star sweep her off her feet.  Hey, women can cheat too.

"Ross, we need to talk,” Lark said, having to think quick on her feet. 

“Okay. Let’s go out to dinner, I have a lot to talk about with you too,” he said.

“Ross…”

“Lark, what’s up?” Frankie seemed to come from no where and stood beside Ross.  This was a nightmare.  

"Frankie, let me explain?" Lark started to say.

“Who’s this?” Ross asked, looking Frankie up and down.

“This is Ross, Frankie. Ross, this is…my friend, Frankie.”

“Your friend?” Frankie said, ignoring Ross and looking at her. “You didn’t tell him?”

Lark wanted to disappear in a hole.

“I was going to …today.”

“Tell me what?” Ross asked.

“Lark, you lied to me,” Frankie said. He turned to Ross. “I’m not her friend, I’m her boy friend.”

“Boy friend? No, you’re not. I’m her man,” Ross said.

Lark was never one for confrontation, but here she was, right in the middle of one. How she wished she could just be swooped away.

“Umm, Ross, I was going to tell you…I can’t be with you anymore because I want to be with Frankie.”

“No Lark, tell him the truth. You never loved him and you love me,” Frankie aid.

“What?” Ross said turning to her.

Lark wanted to run away.

“Lark, what are you, crazy? Are you going to throw away everything that we have? Are you going to just walk away from me after all that I have done for you?”

“I never wanted to hurt you Ross. But I have not been happy for a very long time. My parents are the ones that wanted me to be with you. I never made that decision.”

“So now you decide, just like that it’s over? No, I make that decision,” he said.

“Hey, hold up,” Zavrina said. “My sister said it’s over, now you gotta deal with that.”

“Sister? Oh, is this one of your new sorority sisters? See, I told you they’d change you.”

“This had nothing to do with MAX!” Lark said, raising he voice at him. “It has everything to do with you trying to control my life. You never cared about what I was interested in. It was all about how much money you could give me, what you could buy me, and other ways you tried to control me.”

“I only did it because I loved you,” Ross said, trying to touch her, but she moved away.


So really, I take that apology back.  Men can do it, women can do it, no ones perfect.  Chalk it up to being young and naive.  We have to grow up some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment