Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First time writing in the new year!

I cannot believe it has been that long since I blogged.  And it has been about that long since I wrote anything, much less look at any of my work.  But I am baaaaack! 

As planned, this month I will finally finish Sister Circle, my second novel that I wrote.  Welllll, never finished it.  I don't know why since it is playing like a movie in my head....as well as the sequel.  No! There will be no sequel to this...well, I won't bother writing one, just let things fester in my head.

This is the story of 4 sorority sisters.  They go through a lot in this one school year.  Can you remember those college days? Some crazy stuff you may have done?  Well, this story just takes me back to that time and place where we THOUGHT we had issues, but the real drama does not start till you are out of school and for the long, long rest of your life

I just wrote a great chapter today, well, part of one, it was only 900 words and my chapters run really long.  First I did not know what to write!  I have not written in this novel for a long, long time.  I have read it over a dozen times, but I guess I was stuck.  So I took some things I learned from Nanowrimo and just wrote!  I know what's supposed to happen, I just did not have the build-up ready, so I just wrote what was in my head, spit it all out, and let the rest come later.  Aaaaa!  That felt good, throwing up on the page.

I plan to chip at it every day with little bits and pieces.  I need to get to a place where I can say it's done, and leave the editing for later.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see that I'm not the only one suffering from holiday hangover. Glad your back!!

    ReplyDelete