Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What exactly is a RomCom?

I mean, I know what it is, but really, what make it so different from a Comedy or straight up Romance?

What are some of the greatest romantic comedy movies?

Here's a top 10 list I found:
1. Love Actually
2. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
3. When Harry Met Sally (which would be my #1)
4. There's Something About Mary
5. Meet the Parents
6. As Good As It Gets
7. The Wedding Singer
8. My Best Friend's Wedding
9. A Life Less Ordinary
10. Four Weddings and a Funeral

A couple of things I noticed here.  One, I had not seen more than half of these. Two, how many have wedding in them!  Geesh!

Mine's unlike any of these.  Well, that's a lie.  Girl meets Boy, and at first Girl does not like Boy, and Boy does not like Girl, but then magically Boy and Girl like each other, and now doing crazy things to be together....or something like that.  What makes it different is the characters. The oddball situations they will be in.  My voice is different than any other writer out there. I mean, I would hope so!

I have not written that many pages. I'm actually writing two simultaneously, the RomCom and the Action. I would say the Action is intriguing me though, but I got stuck bad today. I just skipped a few scenes and went to some action. I'll fill in the blanks later.

Day 6 Script Frenzy Total pages: 14 (I know, that sucks right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment