Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Edits are a pain!

I'm just keeping it real.  Every time I sit down to do them, I don't get much done.  I am more or less reading it like I'm reading any other book.  I might catch some slights corrections, but I haven't done much more.

Well, tonight I buckle down and really get to it! All That It Seems, my first novel, needs one good last edit and then I will be done with it.  Well, until my reader tells me otherwise.  I have to get her these chapters to read and review and excited about someone outside of family reading it.  I don't even tell the storyline to many.

I have been reading lots of good books! And I am finding that it helps me.  Helps me to keep my voice, my sassiness.  I like some "spice" in my story lines.  I don't think I have one novel were there is not a spicy character or a spicy scene or just craziness happening everywhere you turn.  And I am so far from any of that!  I mean, I am a but of a drama queen, but really, I am a shy, quiet girl to most.

But I like the sass, so I write sass.  Trust me, there is enough in All That It Seems.  Between Amari's crazy, wild dramatics, and Shae's Miss Know-It-All attitude and MyKayla's quiet innocence, I cover pretty much everything.   And I'm not even talking about the  men and their crazy life!

Whew!

Okay, back to editing!  My dear people hope you get to read this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment